Apple Valley Christian School has the following opening at this time:
FIRST GRADE TEACHER
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Two or more years of classroom teaching experience is preferred.
- Current ACSI Educator Certificate (this may also be completed during the first year of teaching at AVCS).
- Using our Classical Christian curriculum, plan, prepare, and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments
- Provide appropriate feedback on work
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- Participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Keep updated with any changes in curriculum, as initiated by the Elementary Principal, and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
Interested candidates should send their resumes to our elementary principal, Nancy Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org), for review and interview scheduling.
Also, if you would like to volunteer, please contact our school office… 760.995.3516 or email@example.com.